Surrender All [Open Heavens for Teens 14 May 2019]
Memorise: “And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.” – Luke 9:62
Read: Luke 18:20-23
- Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.
- And he said, All these have I kept from my youth up.
- Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.
- And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich.
Bible In One Year: 2 Kings 9:11, John 5:1-24
In life there is no fence; you are either in or out. It is the same with our God. If you give your life to him, you must surrender everything that concerns you to Him. He said you should be either hot or cold, if you decide to be lukewarm, He will reject you completely. This is why on the last day man will claim He is their Lord but His response will be I NEVER KNEW YOU (Matt. 7:22-23).
Many people have invited Jesus into their lives, yet He remains prohibited from some of the rooms in their hearts. You cannot say you are a Christian and lock Christ out of your process of getting good grades such that you cheat to pass exams. Some even tell their parents lies about how much their fees or books cost because they want to have more money to spend. Let Jesus into every aspect of your life, be open to Him in all your ways, let everything you do reflect that you are a child of God. Surrender all.
Prayer Point: Father, everything i have withheld from you, i surrender them all now.
Also Read: Teen Open Heaven Daily Devotional by Pastor Adeboye
- I am Thine 0 Lord, I have heard Thy voice,
And it told Thy love to me;
But I long to rise in the arms of faith
And be closer drawn to Thee.
Draw me nearer, nearer blessed Lord
To the cross where Thou hast died;
Draw me nearer, nearer, nearer blessed Lord,
To Thy precious, bleeding side.
- Consecrate me now to Thy service, Lord,
By the pow’r of grace divine;
Let my soul look up with a steadfast hope,
And my will be lost in Thine.
- Oh, the pure delight of a single hour
That before Thy throne I spend,
When I kneel in prayer, and with Thee, my God
I commune as friend with friend!
- There are depths of love that I cannot know
Till I cross the narrow sea;
There are heights of joy that I may not reach
Till I rest in peace with Thee.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.